Drive through racking is used where high-density storage is required. It is frequently used in facilities with a low number of product lines. Pallets are stored in a block system with two blocks generally served by one operating aisle. The trucks drive into the racking to load or retrieve pallets, which are stored on cantilevered rails running throughout the system. The first pallet in is the last one out FILO (First in, Last Out ) unless a Drive-Through system is used whereby pallets can beloaded or retrieved from either side.
The drive through pallet racking is the most common type in high density storage solution. It provides almost twice times of the storage capacity than the normal pallet racking system, utilizating the limited space by combining serval rows of racks into one complete unit. It has about 30% better warehouse space utilization rate,comparing with the pallet rack.It has been widely applied in the field of wholesale, cold room and tobacco.
1. The drive through racking system has the less stabality among all the racking system, therefore, the height should be limited in 10 meters and additional bracing is needed.
2. It has high requirement on FIFO which makes it inadequate to store cargo in small quantity and variety.
3. The forklift is required in small width and high stability in vertical operation.
4. In order to maximize the efficiency and stability, racks that eracted against the wall should be designed as no more than 7 trays; the racks at the middle which have walking aisle at both side, can be as within 9 trays.
5. Weight of single tray should not be too large and heavy, it should be controlled within 1500kg and better to be less than 1.5 meters on span.
Drive through pallet racking Features & Advantages:
- Can be configured for LIFO/FIFO dispatch
- Adaptable to varying pallet / load heights
- Each aisle has several layers of pallet support rail which pallets can be stored on it well one by one;
- Convenient for forklift operation along the aisle;
- Highest space utilization for warehouse storage among standard racks;
- Suitable for storing small variety but large quantity goods;
- Top and back bracings are fixed to the rack that makes it more stable and safer;
- Surface treatment: powder coating, galvanized;
- Widely used in food industry, especially for cold store.
Drive through pallet racking Specifications:
|Type of upright||Width||Depth||Thickness|
|SPL750 U 80A -18||80||63||1.8|
|SPL750 U 80B -18||80||70||1.8|
|SPL750 U 90 -18||90||70||1.8|
|SPL750 U 90 -20||90||70||2.0|
|SPL750 U 105 -18||105||70||1.8|
|SPL750 U 105 -20||105||70||2.0|
|SPL750 U 105 -25||105||70||2.5|
|SPL750 U 105 -275||105||70||2.75|
|SPL750 U 120 -18||120||85||1.8|
|SPL750 U 120 -20||120||85||2.0|
|SPL750 U 120 -25||120||85||2.5|
|SPL750 U 120 -275||120||85||2.75|
|SPL750 U 120 -30||120||85||3.0|
Drive through Racking Components:
Top & Spine Bracing:
All Top Bracing and all Spine Bracing solution are special design which considering safety factors carefully, it’s been tested in some pretty seismic countries and proved as a safe and reliable system.
Pallet Support Rails:
The pallet rail is ideal when all of the pallets to be stored are the same size, as it means that they can be centralised which eliminates the merchandise from colliding with the sides of the racking structure.
Pallet Rail lead-in:
Pallet Rail lead in are installed at the end of pallet rails in each of the loading aisles of drive-in racking system. They help to guide the pallet at the entrance to each aisle.
Flooring guide rails:
Preventing the pallets colliding with the sides of the racking structure.The fork-lift trucks to be equipped with side wheels so that they are centralised when moving inside the storage aisles. Levelling the racking system to achieve uniform loading.
Upright Front Protection:
These are installed at the front of the first upright of each row of frames and provide protection against possible minor impacts.
Drive through Racking Packaging & Shipping:
Gulf Shelving pay great attention to export package , aiming at protecting our goods from being damaged during transportation, loading or unloading . Our packs can use forklift to unload the container easily,whicn can be greatly save labour cost.